- Miss Angie brings a dynamic hip hop and creative contemporary jazz style to her classes and her choreography. In addition to her dance background, Angie has been studying extensively with the top hip hop and jazz choreographers in the nation. Miss Angie is a gifted singer, who studied with an esteemed vocal coach in New York. She was one of the lead organizers in the Diabetes fundraisers and is on the board of the Nevada Diabetes Association. Angie was diagnosed at 10 years old with Type I diabetes and is an advocate for children with this lifelong illness. Angie is a talented cosmetologist and the owner of RAH hair salon. Angie is married to Herbert and their children Alex and Aurora are 8th graders at STMS. Aurora has inherited her mom’s vocal talents and is a featured singer in our performances.
- Miss Nicole studied the various dance genres and attended ballet intensives. She incorporates her extensive ballet training and brings an artistic style to her choreography in the variety of classes she teaches. She has danced professionally for Eli Kerr’s show that toured Northern California, Northern Nevada and Oregon, the “Chipper Lowell Show” and continues to perform for special events. She assists in organizing the vast number of props, costume pieces and logistics for the studio’s productions. Nicole was also a lead organizer for the diabetes fundraisers and loves to volunteer at her children’s school. Her son Kasey, was diagnosed with diabetes in March of 2006 at the age of 2. Kasey, Alyssa and Tyler are “Shining Stars”. Miss Nicole is pursuing her degree in elementary education.
- Miss Robin is one of the most sought after ballet instructors in the Tahoe-Carson area. From the time she started taking classes, she was recognized for her exceptional talent as a dancer. She studied with various ballet schools and performed in ballet companies all over the United States. She also has a long career as a performer in other dance styles. She loves sharing her vast knowledge and background with her students and is proud that her ballet students have gone on to join professional ballet companies all over the country. Miss Robin is also a seamstress and photographer. She and her husband Keith are the co-owners of Tahoe Photographic Tours.
- Jayme Lowe received her Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Organizational Leadership with a minor in dance from Chapman University. She grew up dancing at the studio and attended workshops in Las Vegas, Portland and Disneyland and danced at both Chapman and UNR. Jayme worked at the SOCAPA performing arts camp in Los Angeles as the dance director, where she not only taught, but hired and worked with top name dance instructors and choreographers in Southern California. She performs and choreographs professionally for corporate events. She works in the Day Treatment Program for troubled youth with Alliance Family Services in Reno and also works part time for Harrahs Tahoe.
- Miss Leah teaches a middle school contemporary class and assists in the elementary ballet and tap classes. Leah has studied with a variety of guest teachers and attended multiple workshops while growing up at the studio. She is attending LTCC with plans to transfer to UCSB in another year. She has studied with various guest instructors including Lizz Plott and Erin Lamont and with choreographers Brian Friedman of SYTYCD fame and Eddie Garcia.
- Miss Becky and Miss Toni are the teaching assistants and substitute teachers in a variety of classes. Their ability to work with the children with genuine caring and kindness is always obvious. Miss Toni is certified in early childhood education and continues to study dance at the studio and Lake Tahoe Community College. Toni coordinates the hula dancers on the South Shore. She “loves learning every style of dance.” Her son Nick is in the hip hop, tap and couples classes. Miss Becky is pre-school teacher at Jubilee and is pursuing a degree in elementary education. She grew up dancing at the studio where she was involved in workshops and performances and she participates in the adult tap class. Becky and her husband Justin are active in the South Shore community and are loving every minute with their new son Landon.
- Mr. Travis studied all styles of dance in Auburn while he was growing up. He continued his dance education and performing in Santa Cruz at Cabrillo College and was a member of a dance company there. He currently teaches the elementary and middle school boys hip hop and tap, a middle school girl’s hip hop and substitutes in our contemporary and jazz classes.
- Miss Alyssa returned to teach for us after dancing at Cabrillo College. while growing up, she was a competitive gymnast. She is a CNA at Barton and is planning on a career in nursing. She teaches contemporary and hip hop and she and Mr. Travis are committed to donating to the outreach program at the studio.
- Mr. Chris was a dancing cowboy in “Crazy for You” in high school, where he got interested in learning a variety of dance styles including tap, hip hop and partnering. He has had lead roles in musicals at South Tahoe High School and LTCC. He is the teacher for the youngest boys hip hop and tap which has grown in popularity with him at the reins.
- Miss Kylee grew up dancing at the studio, where she studied at multiple summer workshops with many many notable instructors. She was the captain of the dance team at Sac State and was a teacher/choreographer in the Midwest. We are thrilled to have her as an instructor. Kylee is committed to having the dancers perform at their best. She co teaches the Bijou Ballet Club with Miss Marcia every Friday.
- Miss Audrey brings an extensive background in dance including being a member of a Nevada City Dance Company, a scholarship recipient at Cal Arts and training with countless renowned teachers. Her wonderful demeanor brings a smile to all who are in her ballet classes. She also brings her love of modern dance to our students. Miss Audrey is a hairdresser at Imagine Salon when she isn’t keeping us on our toes.
- Miss Chelsea was able to teach the first half of the dance year. On scholarship with various dance groups in Santa Barbara, Chelsea brought her strong style and passion for dance to our students. She is back in Santa Barbara and will be transferring to a university next fall.
- Miss Marcia has been dancing as long as she can remember. While growing up, she performed all over the Midwest, for USO shows and toured Poland as a folk dancer. She performed as a professional tap dancer in Northern Nevada. She has a Bachelors Degree in elementary education and utilizes that knowledge when working with the variety of ages and learning styles of her students. She is constantly taking classes for professional dance educators in all areas of dance, is certified by Dance Masters of America and is part of a network of highly respected dance teachers throughout the West. She has choreographed for musical theater productions at the high school and is co director of the summer children’s theater program on the South Shore. Her choreography could also be seen at dance galas in Reno and at pageants. Miss Marcia received the “Champions For Children” award from The El Dorado Child Abuse Prevention Council and carried the Olympic Torch representing the spirit of the City of South Lake Tahoe. It is a continuing goal to build the dance and performing arts outreach programs. She has been married to Dennis forever and they are the parents of Lisa, who graduated from UNLV with a BFA in dance is pursuing an elementary teaching credential and is a certified yoga and Pilates instructor. Their son Evan graduated from UCSB with a dual major in Business and Spanish and is pursuing a Masters in International Business at ESCP Paris. Miss Marcia is grateful every day for her wonderful family, staff, dancers, parents and friends who are truly the ones who make our dancers “The Shining Stars of Lake Tahoe”.
- The dancers have been fortunate to study with an amazing array of professional guest faculty including Mike Wittmers, Jessica Broyles, Josh Miller, Lynne Zavacky Barth, Missy Miller, Erin Hagerty and Casey Pereira.
© Copyright 2012 Marcia Sarosik DancersMarcia Sarosik Dancers -
Designed by LTMG