- Miss Marcia has been dancing as long as she can remember. While growing up, she performed all over the Midwest, for USO shows and toured Poland as a folk dancer. She performed as a professional tap dancer in Northern Nevada. She has a Bachelors Degree in elementary education and utilizes that knowledge when working with the variety of ages and learning styles of her students. She is constantly taking classes for professional dance educators in all areas of dance, is certified by Dance Masters of America and is part of a network of highly respected dance teachers throughout the West. She has choreographed for musical theater productions at the high school and is co director of the summer children’s theater program on the South Shore. Her choreography could also be seen at dance galas in Reno and at pageants. Miss Marcia received the “Champions for Children” award from The El Dorado Child Abuse Prevention Council and carried the Olympic Torch representing the spirit of the City of South Lake Tahoe. It is a continuing goal to build the dance and performing arts outreach programs. She has been married to Dennis forever and they are the parents of Lisa, who graduated from UNLV with a BFA in dance and elementary education and is a reading specialist in Clark County. Lisa is a creative consultant for the studio and guest teaches on occasion. Their son Evan graduated from UCSB with a dual major in Business and Spanish and recently obtained a Masters in International Business at ESCP Europe. Miss Marcia is grateful every day for her wonderful family, staff, dancers, parents and friends who are truly the ones who make our dancers “The Shining Stars of Lake Tahoe”.
- Miss Angie…brings a dynamic creative contemporary jazz style to her classes and her choreography. In addition to her dance training growing up, Angie continues to study in Los Angeles with the top jazz choreographers in the nation. Miss Angie is a gifted singer, who studied with an esteemed vocal coach in New York. She is one of the lead organizers in the Diabetes fundraisers and is on the board of the Nevada Diabetes Association. Angie was diagnosed at 10 years old with Type I diabetes and is an advocate for children with this lifelong illness. Angie is a talented cosmetologist and the owner of RAH hair salon. Her daughter Aurora can be seen in productions at the high school and is one of our Shining Stars.
- Miss Nicole…studied the various dance genres and attended ballet intensives. She incorporates her extensive ballet training and brings an artistic style to her choreography in the classes she teaches. She has danced professionally for Eli Kerr’s show that toured Northern California, Northern Nevada and Oregon, the “Chipper Lowell Show” . She received her Bachelors Degree in December and is in a Masters Program in Education. She works in the Transitional Kindergarten program for LTUSD. She is married to Eric and children Kasey, Alyssa and Tyler are “Shining Stars”.
- Miss Kylee…grew up dancing at the studio, where she studied at multiple summer workshops with many notable instructors. She has a Bachelors Degree in Recreation from Sac State where she was the captain of the dance team. She continues to take courses in dance and dance education. Kylee was a teacher/choreographer for studios in the Midwest and is currently the coach of the STHS dance team. She performed professionally for Lucky Rabbit Productions and Tahoe Entertainment. Miss Kylee’s vast background makers her able to “step-up” for many classes and her attention to detail is much appreciated in our productions.
- Miss Audrey brings an extensive background in dance including being a member of a Nevada City Dance Company, a scholarship recipient at Cal Arts and training with countless renowned teachers. Her wonderful demeanor brings a smile to all who are in her ballet classes. She also brings her love of modern dance to our students. Miss Audrey is a hairdresser when she isn’t keeping us on our toes.
- Miss Kelsie trained with a variety of prestigious ballet teachers from all over the United States. As a young teen, she danced the role of Clara in the Nutcracker. She went on to dance professionally in a variety of productions. She brings classical knowledge to the ballet students she works with. She and her husband Doug are the parents of Lilli, who is, of course a “Shining Star.
- Miss Heather danced with a variety of prestigious dance companies including Atlantic Ballet, Wheaton College, People to People, and the Rhythm Factor Dance Company. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics from the University of Southern Maine and coursework in Special Education and Psychology. She has been a dance instructor in Maine, Wyoming and Florida. Heather works with special needs adults and is a certified fitness instructor.
- Miss Jordan returns to Lake Tahoe after dancing, training and teaching in Southern California. She has a passion for all styles of dance and we are thrilled to have her joining our staff this year.
- Miss Caitie was a Shining Star growing up. Caitie is an exceptional tapper, and was able to study privately with Mike Wittmers from the show “Tap Dogs”. Caitie has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Cognitive Science from UCSD specializing in Neuroscience. She is pursuing her studies to become a Physicians Assistant. She teaches and assists in a variety of tap classes. She brings a special musicality and creativity to her tap dancing.
- Miss Toni…is a teaching assistant who specializes in preschool and kinder aged kids. Her ability to work with the children with genuine caring and kindness is always obvious. Miss Toni is certified in early childhood education and continues to study dance at the studio and Lake Tahoe Community College. Toni coordinates the hula dancers on the South Shore. She “loves learning every style of dance.”
- Miss Tiffany…danced from the age of 3 to 18 while growing up in Newark, Ohio. She started as an aide in the older elementary classes a few years back. She has become Miss Marcia’s right hand (and foot) as a tap teacher with the elementary tappers.
- Miss Tara- started as a little ballerina at Marin ballet. She explored various dance styles at Dance Theater Seven and eventually Edge Performing Arts in LA. She performed at Carnegie Hall in addition to many other venues. She is a wonderful addition to our ballet faculty as Miss Heather’s assistant.
- The dancers have been fortunate to study with an amazing array of professional guest faculty including Jessica Broyles, Robin Price, Josh Miller, Lynne Zavacky Barth, Missy Miller, Chelsea Wightman, Taylor Shepack, Casey Pereira, Sara Lucero, and Heather Dominguez.
Copyright © Marcia Sarosik Dancers 2015. Design by Tara Pielaet