- Miss Marcia has been dancing as long as she can remember. While growing up, she performed all over the Midwest, for USO shows and toured Poland as a folk dancer. She performed as a professional tap dancer in Northern Nevada. She has a Bachelors Degree in elementary education and utilizes that knowledge when working with the variety of ages and learning styles of her students. She is constantly taking classes for professional dance educators in all areas of dance, is certified by Dance Masters of America and is part of a network of highly respected dance teachers throughout the West. She has choreographed for musical theater productions at the high school and is co director of the summer children’s theater program on the South Shore. Her choreography could also be seen at dance galas in Reno and at pageants. Miss Marcia received the “Champions for Children” award from The El Dorado Child Abuse Prevention Council and carried the Olympic Torch representing the spirit of the City of South Lake Tahoe. It is a continuing goal to build the dance and performing arts outreach programs. She has been married to Dennis forever and they are the parents of Lisa, who graduated from UNLV with a BFA in dance and elementary education and is a certified yoga and Pilates instructor. Their son Evan graduated from UCSB with a dual major in Business and Spanish and recently obtained a Masters in International Business at ESCP Europe. Miss Marcia is grateful every day for her wonderful family.
- Miss Angie brings a dynamic hip hop and creative contemporary jazz style to her classes and her choreography. In addition to her dance background, Angie has been studying extensively with the top hip hop and jazz choreographers in the nation. Miss Angie is a gifted singer, who studied with an esteemed vocal coach in New York. She is one of the lead organizers in the Diabetes fundraisers and is on the board of the Nevada Diabetes Association. Angie was diagnosed at 10 years old with Type I diabetes and is an advocate for children with this lifelong illness. Angie is a talented cosmetologist and the owner of RAH hair salon. Her daughter Aurora assists her in classes and is active in all the performing arts.
- Miss Nicole studied the various dance genres and attended ballet intensives. She incorporates her extensive ballet training and brings an artistic style to her choreography in the variety of classes she teaches. She has danced professionally for Eli Kerr’s show that toured Northern California, Northern Nevada and Oregon, the “Chipper Lowell Show” . She assists in organizing the vast number of props, costume pieces and logistics for the studio’s productions. Nicole was also a lead organizer for the diabetes fundraiser. Her son Kasey, was diagnosed with diabetes in March of 2006 at the age of 2. Kasey, Alyssa and Tyler are “Shining Stars”. Miss Nicole is pursuing her degree in elementary education.
- Miss Kylee grew up dancing at the studio, where she studied at multiple summer workshops with many notable instructors. She was the captain of the dance team at Sac State and was a teacher/choreographer in the Midwest. She is the coach of the STHS dance team. She has attended a variety of teaching seminars. We are thrilled to have her as an instructor. She and Miss Marcia teach the Bijou Ballet Club on Fridays. Miss Kylee’s vast background makes her able to “step-up” for many classes and her attention to detail is much appreciated in our productions.
- Miss Jaymereceived her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Organizational Leadership with a minor in dance from Chapman University. She grew up dancing at the studio and attended workshops in Las Vegas, Portland and Disneyland and danced at both Chapman and UNR. Jayme worked at the SOCAPA performing arts camp in Los Angeles as the dance director, where she not only taught, but hired and worked with top name dance instructors and choreographers in Southern California. She performs and choreographs professionally for corporate events. Jayme is employed as an events manager for a major corporation.
- Miss Alyssa returned to teach for us after dancing at Cabrillo College. While growing up, she was a competitive gymnast. She is a CNA at Barton and is planning on a career in nursing. She teaches a contemporary class and hip hop and is committed to donating to the outreach program at the studio.
- Miss Audrey brings an extensive background in dance including being a member of a Nevada City Dance Company, a scholarship recipient at Cal Arts and training with countless renowned teachers. Her wonderful demeanor brings a smile to all who are in her ballet classes. She also brings her love of modern dance to our students. Miss Audrey is a hairdresser when she isn’t keeping us on our toes.
- Mister Josh grew up in South Lake Tahoe, California. At the age of 14 he and his family moved to Germany. That was when hip hop culture was introduced into his life. Having no prior dance experience, it was not until the age of 19 where he began to train in Hiphop and Breakdance. Joshua is now an internationally known dancer, choreographer, and teacher. He and his dance crew STEPBOYS were recently featured on Season 7 of America’s Best Dance Crew on MTV. Since then he has worked with many international artists, talents, traveled to many cities and has been featured in many television programs and performances.
- Miss Becky and Miss Toni are the teaching assistants and substitute teachers in a variety of classes. Their ability to work with the children with genuine caring and kindness is always obvious. Miss Toni is certified in early childhood education and continues to study dance at the studio and Lake Tahoe Community College. Toni coordinates the hula dancers on the South Shore. She “loves learning every style of dance.” Miss Becky is pre-school teacher at Jubilee and is pursuing a degree in elementary education. She grew up dancing at the studio where she was involved in workshops and performances and she participates in the adult tap class. Becky and her husband Justin are active in the South Shore community and are loving every minute with their growing family..
- Miss Tiffany started as an aide in the older elementary classes a few years back based on her love of dancing as a child. She has become Miss Marcia’s right hand (and foot) as a tap teacher with this age.
- The dancers have been fortunate to study with an amazing array of professional guest faculty including Jessica Broyles, Robin Price, Josh Miller, Lynne Zavacky Barth, Missy Miller, Chelsea Wightman, Taylor Shepack, Casey Pereira, Sara Lucero, and Heather Dominguez.
Copyright © Marcia Sarosik Dancers 2015. Design by Tara Pielaet