SHOE AND DANCEWEAR REQUIREMENTS
BALLET/TAP COMBO (Preschool thru 2nd Grade):
- Black tap shoes (ties should be replaced with black elastic) and pink leather ballet shoes for girls (the soft silky slippers that you sometimes get in the girl’s department at stores are not ballet shoes and do not work for performances); Boys need black oxford non-shiny tap shoes and black ballet or jazz shoes.; Girls should wear a leotard and tights or unitard and tights of any color. Hair worn off the face preferably in a ponytail, braid(s) or bun. Costumes and feathers on leotards are discouraged for class. Pre-School Girls should own a pair of white tights for performances. KINDERGARTEN THRU 2ND GRADE SHOULD OWN A PAIR OF CARAMEL TIGHTS FOR PERFORMANCES. Boys wear athletic style pants and a t-shirt.
JAZZ/TAP COMBO (3rd Grade thru 5th Grade):
- NON-SHINY black tap shoes that are oxford style (no patent leather tie shoes for this age) and TAN slip-on jazz shoes for 3rd thru 5th grade. Dancers should wear leggings, jazz pants, or jazz shorts, and a tight-fitting top. Dancers who wear booty shorts need to wear tights underneath. Dancers this age should own a pair of black leggings for community performances and a black camisole tank top or leotard if in ballet. Hair off the face in a ponytail, braids or bun. Pajama pants and sweats pants are not allowed.
JAZZ/TAP COMBO (Middle School and High School):
- Black oxford tap (solid soles preferred for high school) shoes and tan foot undeez. Dancers should wear jazz pants or shorts, and tight tops. Dancers this age should own a pair of black leggings for community performances and a black camisole tank top or leotard if in ballet. Hair off the face in a ponytail, braids or bun. Pajama pants and sweats pants are not allowed.
HIP HOP (Elementary):
- Sneakers until the shoe style is decided for the recital. No UGGs, boots, sandals or bare feet. Loose Fitting Clothes that can go over their dance clothes are okay but not required. NO JEANS, NO SHORT SHORTS, NO BARE FEET.
HIP HOP (for Middle School and High School):
- Sneakers until the shoe style is decided for the recital. Loose-fitting clothes – clothing that can go over their dancewear for another class is okay. NO JEANS, NO SHORT SHORTS, NO BARE FEET.
CLASSICAL BALLET CLASSES:
- Pink SPLIT SOLE ballet shoes; black leotard, pink tights, hair must be in a bun.
- Foot Undeez and same clothing as Jazz/Tap.
PURCHASE DANCEWEAR AND DANCE SHOES
- Discount Dance— Put in “26552” where it asks for teacher code or use the studio name. BE SURE TO READ THE SIZING INFORMATION THAT IS PROVIDED BY DISCOUNT DANCE BEFORE YOU ORDER.
Retail Shoes for Little and Big Dancers:
- Judy’s Dance Shop in Reno | 15 Foothill Rd, Reno, NV 89511 | 775-825-1800 | Mon-Sat 10am-6pm | Sun 12pm-5pm
Retail Shoes for Little Dancers:
Retail Clothing for Little Dancers:
- Kmart, Tahoe Trading Kids, Target, JCPennys, WalMart, Ross, TJ Maxx